Meet The Molecule
Why We Need NAD+
Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) is a coenzyme found in every living cell. It’s essential to every cell but especially to those with mitochondria.
That’s because the mitochondria is “the powerhouse of the cell.” Meaning that like any other battery or energy resource, the mitochondria depend on an external power source to keep them charged. NAD+ is that source.
When our NAD+ levels are low, our cells won’t function at their best and neither will we.
What Lowers NAD+
As we age, NAD+ levels decline. This natural decline may speed up anytime we eat too much, drink too much, work too much, stay in the sun for too long, don’t sleep well, or get sick. So basically every time we’re normal human beings.
How To Get More NAD+
Our cells naturally produce NAD+. Maintaining a regular sleep and work schedule, exercising often, staying out of the sun, and limiting alcohol intake can all help retain and increase those levels. But because NAD+ levels decline with age and the inevitable stresses of life, better lifestyle choices aren’t always enough to produce the high amounts of NAD+ we need for healthy, strong cells.
NIAGEN® can also help significantly increase NAD+ levels.*
Know The Nutrient
How NIAGEN® Leads To NAD+
NIAGEN® is a unique form of vitamin B3 known as nicotinamide riboside (NR), and NR is what biochemists refer to as an “NAD+ precursor.” Precursors function as building blocks that create other compounds and NR is the highest yielding building block for NAD+.
NIAGEN® is the first and only patented and FDA safety reviewed form of nicotinamide riboside.
What Other NAD+ Precursors Do
There are two other forms of vitamin B3 that can also increase NAD+ levels, niacin and nicotinamide, but neither are as effective as NIAGEN®. Niacin can cause a painful side effect called “flushing” when taken as a supplement. Nicotinamide inhibits the activity of important “longevity proteins” known as Sirtuins.[3, 4]
NIAGEN® has no negative side effects. NIAGEN® actually activates Sirtuins causing these proteins to help regulate cellular metabolism.*
How We Know It Works
The first human study of NIAGEN® was published in 2016 and proved NIAGEN® increases NAD+ levels in adults.
These results are inspiring future work around the globe. There are 14 registered clinical trials to date exploring the potential health benefits of NR supplementation.
Believe The Benefits
NAD+ is essential to our cells and supports many aspects of healthy aging. Here’s what increased NAD+ levels could mean for you:*
- Cognitive function support
- Maintaining healthy cholesterol levels already within a normal range
- Muscle recovery support after workouts
- Increased metabolism and energy production
- Supported liver function, especially after stress
- Staying healthy, longer
See The Safety
No Negative Side Effects
NIAGEN® has no negative side effects.
NIAGEN® was reviewed by the FDA and granted New Dietary Ingredient status permitting its use as a nutritional supplement.
NIAGEN® is “Generally Recognized as Safe” as confirmed by an FDA No Objection Letter.
- Massudi, H., et al., Age-associated changes in oxidative stress and NAD+ metabolism in human tissue. PLoS One, 2012. 7(7): p. e42357.
- Kamanna, V.S., S.H. Ganji, and M.L. Kashyap, The mechanism and mitigation of niacin-induced flushing. Int J Clin Pract, 2009. 63(9): p. 1369-77.
- Bitterman, K.J., et al., Inhibition of silencing and accelerated aging by nicotinamide, a putative negative regulator of yeast sir2 and human SIRT1. J Biol Chem, 2002. 277(47): p. 45099-107.
- Zhang, H., et al., NAD(+) repletion improves mitochondrial and stem cell function and enhances life span in mice. Science, 2016. 352(6292): p. 1436-43.
- Trammell, S.A., et al., Nicotinamide riboside is uniquely and orally bioavailable in mice and humans. Nat Commun, 2016. 7: p. 12948.
What's In The Bottle
- Each bottle contains a 30-day supply
- 125mg per capsule of NIAGEN® (nicotinamide riboside)
- Take two capsules (250mg) every morning with or without food
- Vegan, vegetarian, nut-free, gluten-free, caffeine-free
- No artificial colors or flavors